The story

A rooster and chickens were an essential part of a settler’s belongings. It seemed fitting to place this block on the 1880’s barn of Janet Justus, operator of “The Hen House Shoppe” located outside Brownsville. Named for Brinton Brown Sr., who settled the area in 1842, Brownsville was awarded a post office in 1854 as a result of an election promise made by Sir Francis Hinks.

 

Location

Cock’s Comb

163719 Brownsville Road, Brownsville, Ontario, Canada

Latitude : 42.866373 Longitude : -80.817033

See the barns on google maps