In 1860 a post office was built in the thriving community of Campbellton. It stood one concession south of this farm, at the corner of Coyne Road and Duff Line. Mary McPherson who, it is believed lived on this farm then, worked as postmistress. The green and yellow colours of the “envelopes” reflect our fondness for antique John Deere tractors. The post office ceased operations in the 1920’s. Only the name remains today.
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Gerald & Marguerite Boyd
28260 Celtic Line, Dutton, ON
Latitude : 42.69413 Longitude : -81.59604